MSB can create a CD to conform to your exact specifications. Edits,
crossfades, subindexes, variable length pregaps, and "hidden tracks"
are all possible.
CDs can be created from virtually any recorded medium. You may supply us with
multiple formats to be compiled onto one CD, and the tracks can be rearranged
from what is supplied to any order you wish. Please see our page on
analog->digital transfers for a list of the most
common formats that we support.
In order to accurately create your CD, we need the following information:
And, of course, we need the DAT(s), tape(s), or other media which contain the
tracks you want included on your CD.
- a list of each track, in the desired running order
- a list of the source location for each track (i.e. Track 1 - cassette, side two; Track 2 - DAT, track 7; Track 3 - LP, side one, cut three; etc.)
- a list of approximate track timings (only necessary if start and end points of tracks are not immediately obvious from listening to the source material)
- for each track, how much time (if any) you want in the pregap ("negative time" between the current track and the previous track). If not specified, two seconds each will be assumed
- any other special instructions you may have (such as placing audio in the pregaps, required edits or crossfades, etc.)
Our base rate for transferring from any standard
medium to CD is
$10 per 20 minutes of material, plus $5 per source item. For instance, if you want a 60-minute tape transferred to CD, that would be $30 for the length + $5 for one item = $35. But if you want 4 15-minute tapes transferred to CD, that would be $30 + 4 x $5 for four items ($20) = $50. After the transfer, additional copies are $1 per CD.
If your CD will require any edits or crossfades, add $5 to the total cost.
If your CD will require a copious number of edits or crossfades, please
e-mail us with specific information
so we can negotiate a reasonable rate.
Back to overview of MSB services
Back to MSB homepage